Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Staff Accountant is responsible for preparing journal entries, maintaining balance sheet schedules and ledgers and account and bank reconciliations. Assists the Director of Finance with monthly closings and account analysis and supports the Director of Finance in carrying out the responsibilities of the accounting department.
1. Performs monthly bank reconciliations.
2. Reconciles, adjusts and maintains Balance Sheet accounts.
3. Compiles, enters and posts monthly adjusting journal entries.
4. Responsible for payroll monthly journal entries and reconciling monthly reports.
5. Assists with budgets and forecasts.
6. Assists with closing the books and in producing monthly Profit and Loss Statements.
7. Assists in the preparation of audit schedules and works closely with the auditors to ensure the completion of a timely audit.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Certifications and Licensures
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree required in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration.
Knowledge and Proficiency of Finance/Accounting Principles.
Two Years previous general ledger accounting, financial reporting experience preferred.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as a customer service mind-set required.
Computer skills with MS Office software required.
Must be organized and possess the ability to multi-task.
Attention to detail and accuracy
Planning and organizing
Scheduling and monitoring
Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
CAMcare Health Corporation is a Federally Qualified Healthcare Center (FQHC) that has been a trusted name in providing top quality healthcare services to Camden and Gloucester Counties since 1978. We offer seven convenient locations to provide easier access to the care you need. Patients come to CAMcare because they will be treated with great care and compassion by our concerned, highly qualified medical team.