As a patient of CAMcare Health Corporation, you have the right:
1. To be informed of the Patient Bill of Rights.
2. To be informed of the services available at our facility, and of the names and
profession of the personnel that is providing or responsible for your care.
3. To be informed of the fees and all related charges, including payment, fee, deposit and CAMcare Heath Corporation's refund policy.
4. To be informed of any services not covered by your Insurer or not included in our basic rate.
5. To be informed if other health care and educational institutions participate in your care, and to be informed of the identity and function of these institutions. You have the right to refuse to allow the participation of these other institutions in your care.
6. To receive from your provider. In terms that you understand, an explanation of your complete medical/health condition, recommended treatment, treatment options, etc.
7. To have an explanation provided to your next of kin or guardian if the Information provided by the provider is detrimental to your health or if you do not understand it.
8. To participate in the planning of your care and treatment and to refuse medication and treatment.
9. To be included in experimental research only when you or your guardian gives written, informed consent. You may also refuse to participate in research.
10. To voice grievances and recommend changes in policies and services to the employees Board of Trustees, and/or outside representatives of your choice, individually or as a group, free from restraint, interference, coercion, discrimination, or reprisal.
11. To be free from mental and physical abuse, free from exploitation, and free from the use of restraints unless authorized by your provider for a limited period of time in order to protect you and others.
12. To the confidential treatment of your information as prescribed by HIPAA and the New Jersey regulations.
13. To be treated with courtesy, consideration, respect and recognition of the patient's dignity and Individuality.
14. To privacy, including by not limited to others not Involved in your care, hearing your discussion or any discussion with your provider or other caregivers at the facility, as well as view you as you are receiving care.
15. To not be required to work for CAMcare Health Corporation.
16. To exercise civil and religious freedoms, including the right to independent personal decisions. CAMcare Health Corporation shall not require your participation in any religious belief or practice, or to attend any religious service.
17. To not be discriminated against because of age, race, religion, sex, nationality, sexual orientation, health status, linguistic and mental ability, or ability to pay, or to be deprived of any constitutional, civil, and/or legal rights solely because you receive services at CAMcare Health Corporation.
18. To expect and receive appropriate assessment, management, and treatment of pain as an integral component of your care.
19. To file a written complaint at the site you are visiting or call Administration at our Corporate Office at (856) 541-3270. You may also contact the office of Acute Care Assessment and Survey, at (800) 792-9770, and the Office of the Ombudsman for the elderly at (800) 624-4262
As a patient of CAMcare Health Corporation, you also have responsibilities. You are responsible:
1. To give your provider and Health Center staff, complete and accurate information about your current health, past illnesses and hospitalizations, any medication, including over the counter products and any allergies or sensitivities.
2. To inform your provider and CAMcare Health Corporation staff of your medical power of attorney or other directive that could affect your care. (A copy will be maintained in your medical record.)
3. To follow the orders and instructions given by your provider and other staff involved in your care, including keeping up with your follow up appointments.
4. To report unexpected changes in your condition to your provider.
5. To accept responsibility for refusing treatment.
6. To cancel appointments 24 hours In advance and reschedule as soon as reasonably possible, if necessary.
7. To be considerate and respectful of other patients by refraining from noisemaking, use of profanity, and other vulgarities.
8. To be considerate and respectful of CAMcare Health Corporation staff by refraining from use of profanity, other vulgarities, and raising your voice.
9. To accept the financial obligations for your care.
10. To help us keep our facilities clean by not eating, drinking or smoking in our health center and by keeping your feet off the walls and furnishings.
11. To refrain from writing on our walls and damaging our equipment and furnishings.
12. To refrain from smoking on our campus.
13. To dispose of trash and litter in an appropriate receptacle and refrain from throwing trash on our campus.
14. To appropriately dispose of soiled diapers and other sanitary items.
15. To assist us in avoiding falls by properly supervising your children and not allowing them to run about our health center or stand up in chairs or be placed on an exam table unsupervised.
Back to Home page