As part of the Care through Management and Coordination project, the Health Coach identifies and enrolls medically complex and socially complex patients referred for assistance into the project. Under the direction of the Patient Navigator/Care Manager, their primary role is to improve health outcomes through coordinating care, educating patients, building trust between patients and medical practitioners, and enhancing communication and the continuity of care. They will teach, counsel and monitor patients on health issues relevant to their care. As a member of a multidisciplinary team, they serve as the social and human service lead for all care coordination activities. The ORS will utilize innovative population health management methods and software to achieve project goals.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma and at least 1 year work experience related to chronic disease management
- Valid Driver’s License
- Bachelor of Science in Health Education, Public Health or Social Work of Science in Nursing
- Certificate of training in care management.
- Experience working in clinical out-patient settings.
- Experience working with diverse population groups
- Content knowledge and expertise in program-specific field.
- Familiarity with local community resources for patients with chronic disease.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Knowledge of patient teaching, health promotion and disease prevention methods related to routine health care and those designed to address the needs of patients with chronic, disabling health conditions.
- Familiarity with Patient-Centered Medical Home concepts.
- Ability to maintain effective work relationships.
- Ability to make accurate professional judgments.
- Ability to develop a collaborative therapeutic alliance with individuals
Back to Open Jobs Listing