Reporting to the Director of Patient Accounts, the Financial Screener is responsible for all registration and financially related data collection when a patient arrives at the practice site without insurance or under-insured.
Experience & Education
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- 1 to 3 years experience in an applicable healthcare setting preferred
- Computer literate with the ability to learn customer service, and EMR applications
- Duties require professional verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to type 30 wpm.
- Understands and applies computer knowledge, skills, procedures and information needed on the job
- Ability to convey information effectively
- Self directed
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Performs all duties when assigned
- Become informed on insurance health advocacy topic(s) related to proposed legislation.
- Present oneself in a professional manner, including dress, attitude, written and verbal communication skills, courtesy and pleasant environment to all staff and patient.
- Maintain confidentiality if patient information
Back to Open Jobs Listing